Last January, we went home to the Philippines and spent a few weeks of holiday traveling from one province to another, spending time with our family and friends. It was our first time to come home as a family so a 3 week vacation is rather short to do all the things we wanted to do and to catch up with old pals.
|with Ritchie in his crib|
|with the scoobies, Zara & Bershka|
One of the dishes he prepared was sauteed mushrooms and I just loved it. It's earthy and buttery. And the garlic was not overpowering, it just made the mushrooms stand-out. What a great way to start the day, and to cap our short but sweet holiday. Though we live a much more comfortable life in the Middle East, Manila will always be home. It's because of friends like Ritchie that holidays are "more fun in the Philippines"!
And so, I remembered that breakfast when I was planning for my birthday brunch. So I thought I'd recreate the dish. I just added tiny bits of fresh parsley because greens makes everything better.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
500g fresh button mushrooms, quartered
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
2 tbsp EVOO
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add garlic, cook until slightly browned.
2. Add the mushrooms and saute occasionally for 5 minutes or until cooked. Add parsley, salt and pepper 1 minute before removing from heat. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Makes 4 Servings
If you like the recipes in my Barefoot Contessa Birthday Brunch, here are the links:
1. Hasselback Potatoes
2. Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic and Herbs
3. Green & Sunny Skillet
4. Flavored Butter
5. Roasted Garlic Spread (posting soon!)
6. Bacon Chocolate Cupcakes
7. Summer Iced Green Tea (posting soon!)
14 April 2012
|Rocky and his Ninong (godfather) Ritchie|
|Thanks! Ninong, bye for now.|