So here's the recipe for one of the dish I prepared on my "Barefoot Contessa" Birthday Brunch, hasselback potatoes, inspired by Ina' Garten's rosemary roasted potatoes. But my recipe was adapted from A Feast for the Eye blog. For her recipe, click here.
Here's my version of these pretty little things:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
12 baby potatoes, washed and scrubbed
1 stick unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200*C.
2. Grease the baking sheet with butter. Set aside.
3. Place a potato on a spoon and thinly slice the potato abouth 1/8 of an inch. Be careful not to slice all the way through. Do this for all the potatoes.
4. Melt the remaining butter. Add the minced garlic and parsley.
5. Brush the potatoes with the butter mixture. Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
6. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Halfway through the cooking process, brush the potatoes with butter. When cooked, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and leave for another 3-5 minutes to create a cheese crust.
Makes 3-4 Servings
If you like the recipes in my Barefoot Contessa Birthday Brunch, here are the links:
1. Hasselback Potatoes
2. Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic and Herbs
3. Green & Sunny Skillet
4. Flavored Butter
5. Roasted Garlic Spread (posting soon!)
6. Bacon Chocolate Cupcakes
7. Summer Iced Green Tea (posting soon!)
14 April 2012