For Annie's Eats recipe, click here. For my adaptation, keep reading.
Prep Time: 15 (marinade), 10 minutes (pre-cooking)
Inactive Time: 2 hours to overnight
Cooking Time: 70 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 25 minutes
900g chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
juice of 3 lemons
zest of 3 lemon
1/2 head of garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 stick of unsalted butter, melted
thin slices of lemon
2 sprigs of thyme
1. Combine lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, thyme, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. In a large, rectangular container, arrange the chicken thigh, skin-side up. Pour the lemon marinade. Cover and marinade the chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 200*C.
4. Place the chicken in a roasting pan or baking dish, skin-side up. Pour half of the marinade. Brush the top of each chicken with melted butter.
5. Bake the chicken for 60-70 minutes.After 30 minutes, add the rest of the marinade and brush the remaining butter on top of the chicken. If you don't want the extra juice on your chicken you can skip adding the rest of the marinade. Rotate the pan and wait until the chicken is done.
6. To serve, garnish with slices of lemon and sprigs of thyme.
7. Serve immediately. Great paired with white rice or mashed potato.