Friday, March 16, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Puffin

I like having fun in the kitchen and playing with my food. This morning as I was making breakfast, I did just that. Instead of cooking pancakes on a skillet, I put them on a greased muffin pan and baked for 10 minutes. The result? Amazing! I got the fluffiness of a pancake and the thickness of a muffin, a puffin!

So here's how I did it:

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup Betty Crocker pancake mix
2/3 cup low-fat milk
1 egg
1 tbsp canola oil
1 banana, mashed
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven at 180*C.

Mix all the ingredients together. Pour the batter into the greased/lined muffin cups, about half-full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you stick it in the middle of a muffin.

Best served warm, with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!

Makes 6-8 puffins




09 March 2012
Home-cooked Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment